(Trauma Informed Mind Body Program)
This Fall, yogaHOPE founder Sue Jones and TIMBo head trainer Emily Peterson are excited to offer the very first mixed gender TIMBo program pilot.
This program runs on Tuesday, starting September 19th, 2017 through January 2nd, 2018 from 7:30 a.m. - 9:00 a.m. Click HERE to enroll.
TIMBo for Men?
Over the years one of the questions most asked of us is "what about TIMBo for men?" Our international male TIMBo facilitators find TIMBo just as empowering, inspiring and healing as the women. So we have decided to pilot a mixed gender program here in the U.S.
TIMBo combines simple yoga-like movements, relaxation breathing, guided meditation, and a workbook-based approach to explore and better understand the impact of emotions such as fear, guilt, shame, and grief. Research has shown that upon completion of one full TIMBo program, participants’ symptoms of depression, anxiety, and PTSD are significantly lower. Not only this, but men and women score significantly higher on a measure of self-compassion after participation in the program as compared to before.
TIMBo creates new neurological, emotional and behavioral responses to internal and external stress triggers by working across five dimensions:
• improved behavioral self-regulation through mindfulness;
• cognitive understanding of the developmental hierarchy of emotional anatomy disruptions;
• social–emotional growth promotes compassionate attunement to self and others;
• contemplative skills that build a structural foundation for the ability to choose responses and reactions;
• development of a resilient worldview and confidence in life and self;
• compassion toward self and others that offers a sense of peace and well being regardless of the circumstances of life. (Kass 2014)
The total non-refundable cost of the program is $275 and includes the workbook.
Attendance policy: no more than three absences and no more than two consecutive absences.
Click HERE for more detailed information about the program, or register HERE.
Take a journey into yogaHOPE's work in Haiti by watching this short film,
"Mind Over Trauma: Empowering Women in Haiti," narrated by Amanda Palmer.
Check out this video for more information about Emily's experience with TIMBo and personal path of healing.