Monthly Sound Bath
with Tara Atwood
January: Scent & Sound
Friday January 25 (7:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.)
Reduce stress, enjoy deep peacefulness, and enter into relaxation during this unique sound bath experience with International Sound Therapist, Tara Atwood. The room will be filled with Tibetan and crystal bowls and other sound instruments.
Bathing in the space of sound brings us into a state of peacefulness where we can sense the feeling of our own body transform as the sound does its work. Participants often experience a sense of levitation, timelessness, and bliss, along with a detachment, compassion, and peace.
A powerful combination of aromatherapy oils, from the organic brand Amber Blue, will be diffused throughout the room to move and balance qi or energy flow throughout the body. The therapeutic essential oils enhance the body’s innate healing capabilities and increase overall wellbeing. Diffusing aromatherapy oils relaxes the mind, body, and spirit.
The meditation and sound bath experience will leave you feeling more connected to all that is.
About Sound Baths
The ancient wellness practice of sound healing is a 2,000-year-old Tibetan practice that induces a deep state of meditation and relaxation. The primary bowls, Tibetan bowls, are sound instruments that have sonic frequency technologies that encourage meditation, stress release, and relaxation. The transcendental tones of the vintage Tibetan singing bowls, alongside the crystal bowls, emit a diverse set of sound frequencies, creating a range of sounds to restore normal vibratory frequencies to parts of the body, mind, and soul that are out of harmony. When they are blended together, these unique tones create a bath of sounds that induce a state of deep meditation, creative thinking, and intuitive messages.
Benefits of Sound Baths
- Each bowl has a unique frequency, sound, and tone that corresponds to the frequencies within the body. They offer healing vibrations that restore the body to a natural state of balance.
- The movement of our brainwaves synchronizes with the vibrations of the bowls, improving brain wave frequencies. The vibratory frequencies create deep meditation and enhance intuitive abilities and creative thinking.
- During this session brainwaves switch from Beta waves (normal waking state) to Alpha and Theta waves (a deep meditative state).
- Sound waves stimulate our immune response, reduce stress, harmonize the body’s cells, balance the body’s energy systems, and calm our emotions.
- The sounds from the bowls help with body pain and are a powerful tool for anyone suffering from chronic pain and illness, such as cancer patients undergoing chemotherapy and/or radiation.
- Sound bowls increase a deep sense of peace, hope and well-being, reduce stress, and decrease pain. Sessions also are effective for people suffering from depression, anxiety, chronic fatigue, insomnia, and memory loss.
“If we accept that sound is vibration and we know that vibration touches every part of our physical being, then we understand that sound is heard not only through our ears but through every cell in our bodies. One reason sound heals on a physical level is because it so deeply touches and transforms us on the emotional and spiritual planes. Sound can redress imbalances on every level of physiologic functioning and can play a positive role in the treatment of virtually any medical disorder.”
–Dr. Mitchell Gaynor, director of Medical Oncology and Integrative Medicine at the Cornell Cancer Prevention Center
About Tara Atwood
Tara Atwood is a traveling Wellness Entrepreneur from Brooklyn, NY. After being diagnosed with a brain tumor in 2014, she took stock of her life and decided it was vital to live with passion + purpose. She moved to India to deepen her spirituality and gain certifications in Yoga, Meditation, Sound Bowl Therapy from Indian gurus. After her stint in India, she lived in Italy working at Mandali Retreat Center, a transformational center that offers yoga, meditation and events on wellness. She is now exclusively a traveling Yoga + Meditation Teacher and Sound Therapist. She is passionate about helping people find their zen.
Cost: $40 / $35 if pre-registered by 1/18
All workshops are non-refundable.