(Trauma-Responsive Innovations for Mind and Body)
Join Emily Peterson and Lynn Eikenberry for the next installment of women's only TIMBo this February.
This program runs on Tuesdays, November 6th, 2018 through March 5th, 2018 from 7:30 a.m. - 9:00 a.m. (16 sessions, 3 absences are allowed).
TIMBo combines simple yoga-like movements, relaxation breathing, guided meditation, and a workbook-based approach to explore and better understand the impact of emotions such as fear, guilt, shame, and grief. Research has shown that upon completion of one full TIMBo program, participants’ symptoms of depression, anxiety, and trauma (PTSD) are significantly lower. Not only this, but women score significantly higher on a measure of self-compassion after participation in the program as compared to before.
TIMBo facilitates personal growth that will help participants navigate life’s tensions through:
- improved behavioral self-regulation through mindfulness
- a self-compassionate understanding of human survival responses
- social-emotional growth that promotes compassionate attunement to the self and to others
- strengthening the sense of self and promoting confidence in relationships
- developing a resilient worldview that enables participants to interact with life’s problems with composure and confidence
This program runs for eighteen weekly sessions, the first of which is an orientation.
Total non-refundable cost of the program is $450, plus an additional $15 for the workbook.
Please read this document before you sign up. You will be asked to sign a responsibility agreement before starting the program.
Co-led by Emily Peterson and Lynn Eikenberry this session meets Tuesdays 7:30 a.m. to 9:00 a.m starting October 16th running for 16 weeks ending February 12th. (No class on December 25 and January 1)
Hear Emily speak as a guest on Behind the Podium to hear more about her philosophy and other projects!
Check out this video for more information about Emily's experience with TIMBo and personal path of healing.